View Single Post
Old 2011-10-24, 05:16   Link #38
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Interesting, the LN version I read was the official Chinese release and I not too familiar with the Chinese term of basketball position.

Either way, if the current starting five is going to be Kenshin's best lineup, than it seems that the author is developing team similar to Shaq-Kobe Lakers. With Airi become a beast in the middle and Tomoka as the versatile rover that play according to match-ups and the rest of team are good shooter who can pass, ideal for Triangle. With Maho handling close/mid shots, Saki handling mid/long shots and assist, and Hinata be the pesky defender that does outside shot and act as 2nd ball handler.
Huh? Triangle Offense? I didn't know Subaru is THAT advanced! But given that he's a legit PG, well, that makes sense. He's essentially a younger Phil Jackson!~

Well, the Triangle is said to be one of the most difficult offenses to pull off since it requires a GREAT deal of teamwork to make it work. One guy makes a mistake, the team is screwed.

In the anime, Subaru is more focused on the 4-1 offense, given Keishin's limited manpower. He did make adjustments against Suzuridani (Miyu's team) when the 2-3 Zone was employed against them. The catch? The 2-3 Zone is one of the most Nigh Invulnerable defenses in basketball.

They countered that with the Zone Buster, which consists mainly of consistent, clockwork passing until an open man could be found. I wonder if this is a variation of the Triangle or is just a simple way of getting past the Zone.

From what I have observed in the anime, the 4-1 offense can be easily locked down by a man-to-man defense, thus Subaru says "it isn't perfect yet."
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote