View Single Post
Old 2013-08-15, 21:13   Link #31
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by custardpie View Post
...This is the first anime I've seen in quite a while (except for re-watches), and it has successfully revived my dying interest in the form. I gradually fell in love with its understated tone, realistic character revelations, and beautiful animation. I really came to sympathize with all four major characters, although I believe the girls could have had more development. The only thing I didn't like about it is its OP/EDs, except for the second ED. They aren't bad, but they're not that memorable, and I've found many of KyoAni's OP/EDs to be especially memorable....
I like your description of the show. I enjoyed it in a lukewarm way from the start, but fell in love with it as it went along, for the same reasons you did.

I thought Satou Satomi did an excellent job as Eru, but for me Kayano Ai's Mayaka was the best supporting performance of the year. I understand what you are saying about the female characters needing more development, but even as they were they stood out for me quite a bit, maybe because of the performances.

Where we differ is that ChouCho's first OP is one of my all-time favorite anime OPs -- even though the "water drop" effect in the animation was a nice idea that didn't actually work, because of the rhythm not fitting.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.