View Single Post
Old 2021-01-20, 20:50   Link #4
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Comparisons are odious but inevitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Trump himself seem to hint at starting is own Party ("with blackjack and hookers"), but I don't see a Patriots Party doing anything more than split the Evangelicals and Far-Right Extremist from the Republican Party.
ABout 14 years ago, in my country the media created (because he was basically a no one, even when he had a very important job in the government) a political juggernaut. He was for years part of a political party, but changed allegiance to attain high office. Sounds familiar?

Now the interesting part, he got fed up with his new political party (which resisted complete control) and created his own. In merely six years, he basically has stripped his former party of his most important members and left but a shriveled core.

My bet is that the six deplorables that voted in the senate against ratifying biden will jump ship to this patriot party as soon as trump announces its formation and in two years they will decimate the GOP in the house of representatives, mark my words.

Quote:
It prevented us having another Clinton administration
The sad part is that the best we got now is Obama part II, Let politicians stay too long and they start to get comfy on their posts. Hopefully Kamala (or whoever dems elect) will get new blood into the white house.

Quote:
January 6th. To the Democrats looks like an analogy for the Beer Hall Putsch of 1923. The aftermath, to the conspiracy minded Republicans, was an analogy to the Reichstag fire of 1933. Both see the Nazi rise to power in analogy for the other party, but the hope is that neither is correct and the United States will stand .
No matter how I see it, the GOP is (again) trying to control the narrative with sweet lies, trump was a fascist from day one, but all they care is to continue drumming into gullible minds the "we are the good guys, the opposition is e-v-i-l". They have no plan B.

Quote:
Let us hope for the next four years that Biden's administration will at least fix some of the wounds this country has suffered in both reputation and national identity.
It will take more than four yeas and trump has already started a tradition I have seen in my country for most of the 20th century, placing into the government bureaucracy loyalists that will obstruct the new government (one of the reasons latin america is still in the third country, albeit the government will always tell us the problem comes from outside).

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...g-biden-460238

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2021-01-20 at 21:05.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote