View Single Post
Old 2007-08-01, 06:44   Link #258
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-66 View Post
Dont freak out JagdPanther, the old japanese government is also portrayed as far from good. According to a sound episode japan used to use its economic power to screw other nations over and enrich itself and when it tried to do that to brittania it got screwed. At first glance it may appear that the series is biased to show the japanese as good people being opressed by the bad britannians but lets not forget that the main character is a britannian! Furthermore many japanese in the show are terrorists!
Ah, I don't think I've reached that yet.

I've actually only watched the first two episodes, but I <3 spoilers so I tend to read ahead about series. LOL

Quote:
I would argue that the reason that japan is where the show takes place is because the shows creators are japanese and so have the most knowledge about the area in and surrounding japan and that makes it easier to create material for the show.
And that makes sense and I understand why it is so for most series. I just would like to see my country allied with or neutral to Japan for once (since we are, in fact, close allies in the real world) in an anime. Just for a change... Make someone ELSE the bad guy. >_>

Thanks for the answer.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote