View Single Post
Old 2011-10-21, 12:32   Link #1684
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiken View Post
Eh... Cornelia I don't consider so bad, since she'd already lost Euphie at the end of season 1, and she doesn't really do much bad in R2. Plus she's not explicitly shown to have received anything in particular at the end, save the company of Guilford. Probably still less than she deserves, but not as egregious to my eyes as Ohgi and Villetta.
Remember her introductory episodes, where she conquers and establishes Area 18, and massacres Saitama Ghetto, on top of already having the nickname Witch of Britannia? Pretty sure she's committed plenty of atrocities to last a lifetime or two. And losing Euphie or not doing anything evil during R2 doesn't go anywhere near making up for it, nor does she atone or repent for it.

Quote:
And see now, I really have yet to be convinced that there were other options to the Zero Requiem that were significantly less bloody. There were other options, yes, but ones that entailed fewer lives being shed? Most of the lives lost in the Zero Requiem were from the conflict with Schneizel, which would've happened anyway in all likelihood, even if Lelouch and Schneizel's respective lists of allies/minions were a bit different. Outside of that... yes there was bloodshed. It was immensely regrettable. More blood shed than any other route? I've yet to be convinced. By all means show me a plausible scenario where it wouldn't have happened, but I can't think of one myself.
I stated in the other thread that Lelouch would have had plenty more allies on his side of Rounds level or higher (Kallen, Xing-ke) in addition to an overall more capable force in the Black Knights. You may remember his side was getting jobbed so badly he had to detonate Mt. Fuji. It was everything else on top of that that can be inferred from his inevitable reputation as Demon Emperor that would seal it.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote