View Single Post
Old 2012-04-08, 07:23   Link #640
Westlo
Lets be reality

Is it really though? I mean look @ Haruko Iizuka.. he's doing character designs (which will more than likely be close as possible to the VN) and he was one of the chief animation directors for iDOLM@STER as well as Inu x Boku SS which were both hits from the last two seasons. He'll more than likely be doing that for Little Busters as well... and Shimada has done two adaptions for World Masterpiece Theater and if the source material is strong enough even an average director can look good... I remember that people didn't think much of Baccano!'s staff when it was announced.. and now look @ how that team and Brains Base itself is looked at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is this about Sankarea > Medaka ?
Yep lol, Gainax are totally GINO right now, Gainax In Name Only and DEEN put together a good team for Sankarea. Look @ Masaki Hyuga for instance and you'll see a lot of good looking shows on his resume.

Quote:
Actually, I think the budget was just better managed in Railgun... Maybe having more SoL moments might have something to do with it as well, I don't know. Index II should have received a slightly higher budget than S1, just look at the difference in the background- The entire city was luminous at night!
Well yeah the change in genre for the most part obviously helped Railgun compared to Index.. but I felt that Index 2 got shafted in terms of budget... it's very rare for a series to increase in sales as Index 2 did compared to Index... Will be curious to see how the Movie looks and performs considering it's one of the premiere light novel series around as of now.

Quote:
Well, I always felt that all their shows outside of the Fall Seasons are just something to pass time with They weren't really banking on them...
Oh yeah no doubt about that, any company would be in trouble if they were banking on Kill Me Baby. For shows like that they were probably just hired hands more than anything and went through the motions for the most part.

Quote:
I've almost given up on them changing their 'strategy', but it looks like they might actually be doing that by focusing on one-two series per season like the other studios?
I doubt it will stick.. but hopefully they play it smart of spend a lot of cash on freelancers for Little Busters if they go with their typical 6+ shows during Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
What's JC staff's fall schedule?
Besides LB there's bakuman confirmed,anything else?
The only things J.C Staff have announced that hasn't aired yet is... Arcana Famiglia in Summer, Joshiraku which hasn't been given an air date yet, Little Busters itself.. and of course the Index Movie.

Last edited by Westlo; 2012-04-08 at 07:34.