View Single Post
Old 2013-12-18, 22:22   Link #34
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i once thought that too. bleach's premise was very promising indeed even if it bore a lot of similarities with yu yu hakusho. i don't doubt that in the hands of a great manga writer it would have become one of the more interesting shonen series there is. it's just too bad that kubo doesn't have the writing chops for it. bleach is one of the most disappointing series i've ever read. i guess i expected too much from kubo.

the fullbring arc should never have happened. it was a waste of time! if kubo's purpose was to get ichigo's powers back then he could simply write it in this arc. all he needed was a reiatsu-charged sword from his shinigami friends anyway. the quincies had always intrigued me and this angle should have long been explored. he should have delved more into this matter earlier. and more importantly, he should have given us some answers regarding isshin's identity. that is so long overdue!
I actually agree with most of your post here.

Personally to me Bleach is one of those rare manga's that is better without a protag. But oh well.