View Single Post
Old 2007-02-15, 16:03   Link #36
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay View Post
This chapter was a bit weak.

I'm disappointed in how easily Kakuzu and Hidan were killed.
Hidan killed Asuma, and Kakuzu was owning Kakashi, so I would not call it an "easy win".
Quote:
I know Naruto got his super awesome jutsu but for an elite ninja to be killed by such a simple trick is pathetic.

I guess Naruto's generation had to step up and be ninja at some point but it was rather anti-climatic.
I've said this 3 times already, its the oldest trick in the book for a reason. This is what Naruto does, its what ninjas do. It would've out of character for Naruto to do otherwise.

Quote:
Hidan's abilities were never revealed and he was an interesting character.
Hidan was one of the dullest characters yet. He was a one trick pony and that's it. Sasori was an interesting character with diabolic puppets and tragic past. Itachi is sourded in mystery and massacre. DD is ambiguously gay and has mouths on his hand (great for auto-fellatio). Those are interesting people. Hidan had a cool design with the greaser hair-do and scythe but he really was not interesting at all.

Quote:
Naruto surpassing Kakashi is very unconvincing.
Did you see Kakuzu manhandling Kakashi? Yet Naruto was able to beat him with ease, I'd say that was convincing. Face it, you're a hater.

Quote:
One thing I find odd is that Oro is still training Sasuke when Sasuke has accepted that the only way he can defeat his brother is to give up his body. So what is the point of trying to toughen him up?
I never understood that either, my reasoning is that it gives Sasuke something to do, so he won't leave. There really is no reason for Oro to train him other than for plot purposes.
I hope we see better character development with the Akatsuki as while these two were cool their contribution to the story was subpar.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I agree with Shurkiken, Just because Naruto could learn a Jutsu Yondaime couldn’t develop, (as it seems mainly because Naruto in the only one with the Chakra needed to pull it off), is not convincing enough to say he surpassed Kakashi.
How about Naruto beat Kakuzu single-handed while Kakashi was getting owned? Would that convince you? Because that's what happened.

I would like to know why when one character, like Shika or Sasuke does something everyone gives them due credit. But when Naruto comes around and does the same thing (sometimes better) people give doubt him? Is it because you expect more from the main character? Are you a hater?

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-02-15 at 18:23. Reason: Don't double post
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote