View Single Post
Old 2009-05-24, 10:08   Link #110
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Okay I think the only thing we can all agree with is that this episode is a total WTF. It seems like some people loved it for that, and some others are still WTF. I tend to find myself in the latter group.

The problem is this series is seriously testing its credibility. There's been a lot of hints of that in the past but now any logic boundary has been demolished. But more of that later.

First thing: to note is that as predicted the johnny taker and the the 20.000 NEET abduction cases have been mixed up. At lest this make sense, because as many pointed out it is impossible for a single human to kill that many people one by one in a short time period.

Second: The man Diana kidnapped actually turned out to be not Ohsugi. I commend the guys that noticed the left/right hand discrepancy, it was an important hint. This time I was completley wrong in my predictions, however I find it hard to believe there will be a very satisfying explanation for this. There are many things to consider:

1) Ohsugi is nowhere to be found
2) The man that got "taken" by Diana has Ohsugi's bag
3) The man that got "taken" by Diana has Ohsugi's phone
4) The man that got "taken" by Diana wear the same clothes as Ohsugi (except for the necktie?), I noticed this fact and this was confirmed in this episode
5) This man was able to use Ohsugi's phone, supposedly a phone he never used before, without even looking at it. Maybe it's the same model of hsi phone, but this would be yet another coincidence
6) By taking pictures this man accidentally gave hints of him being ohsugi, like taing a picture of a apple
7) He uploaded the photos on the same site that Ohsugi was often posting to. Someone speculated that that ohsugi's phone was set to automatically upload photos there. But does such a function even exist?

Now the best parts:

8) Diana actually crossed her path with Ohsugi soon before his disappearance and... at that time Ohsugi still had his phone and his bag.
9) Akira could have just asked Juiz "find the location of Ohsugi" but no he thought it was smarter to ask the location of a piano.

I think number 8 is particularly relevant because the obvious explanation of points 1 2 3 and 4 is that ohsugi was found by the rapist who decided to beat the crap out of him and take his clothes his phone and his bag. Now it's hard to understand why he would go as far as to take the clothes and the bag, but even in that case I'd have to think that first Diana was near ohsugi and she just passed by. Then the rapist assaulted Ohsugi and then the rapist was assaulted by Diana.
All of these coincidences put together are just way too much for me.

About the selecao's phones I have previously pointed out how strange is that whenever a selecao uses the money all the others receive a notice. there's still 10 of them and they have to use the phone if they don't want to die, so I'd expect the phone to ding ding ding constantly. And if that would be the case I'm sure one would end up being fed up checking all and every of those messages (expecially considering they are being used for trivial things by Akira). However so far we have only seen that happening in a pretty convenient way. I mean you only see a seleçao being noticed of a certain transaction only when that's relevant for the plot. I imagined that maybe you can set the phone to give a sound notice only in case a particular seleçao makes a move, however I had to dismiss this idea with this episode. Because while I can understand that Diana has a particular interest in number IX, there's no reason to beleive Akira should have a particular interest in number XI. Bu Akira does get a notice as soon as number XI orders to create an incident on the highway.

Now about the whole hotel thing. I performed quite a dramatical facepalm when it's been shown that Akira bought the whole hotel for 1.5 billions. I mean there's a limit at how stupid Akira can be, how can you use more than 15% of your whole money to save a single man (that happened to be the wrong one), how the hell are you supposed to save the whole country if a single life costs that much?!
And yet again my bullshit sensor is dinging, and I'm not the only one that noticed this. It is not logically possible to buy a high class hotel in a matter of minutes. There is a whole homungous bureaucratic system to bypass in order to accomplish that. But that apart, let's suppose that Juiz bought that system as well (but how the hell she managed to make them work at night to compile all the modules?), how the hell she managed to get to the hotel owner and make him sign a contract in a few minutes? We are talking about someone that's loaded with money not someone that it's easy to bribe. I guess the Hotel owner was the outsider himself or something @_@
Now I supposed the ownership was handed to someone of Juiz's men, because Akira could not get it unless he signed the contract himself. Funny thing is that when Diana bought it back Juiz made her pay 1.6 billion. Seeing as how Akira is not going to get 1.6 billions that basically mean Juiz herself sold the hotel to Diana for that amount of money. Well done Juiz, you just recovered 1.6 billion from the original 12 of the whole budget.

Now let's get the most interesting part. Apparently Diana had this great idea of becoming a harpy and literally fly away from the hotel. And apparently she planned all that just to surprise a person she didn't even know. Speculations on how and why she did that abund. I must say i laughed hard at Wooland's comment pointing out that it wasn't certainly the most discrete way to exit the scene.
Now I don't even want to try to imagine how exactly Juiz managed to get a whole hollywoodian SFX team to get on the site and create such illusions from scratch in a matter of minutes... never mind, seriously my brain is going to explode if I try.
Why she did that? She certainly cannot expect Saki to really believe she's got magic powers. I mean the illusion was good and all, but Akira's phone is there to testify the truth, I don't think that at this point Akira can keep the secret.
The effect was truly good but I'm left with the feeling it was only done to surprise the public and nothing else, which is kinda lame.

@izmosmolnar:
Did you notice the reactions of the club members when the junior guy said he went to that dinner with ohsugi? They all became red and were surprised so it seems they do have this kind of mentality that two men going to a high class restaurant together is gay or something. Also that guy recognized that he shouldn't have left Ohsugi roam alone in the night being that drunk. However it seems that the club members were more concerned about making him understand that he shouldn't talk too much in front of Saki rather than leave a drunk friend in the care of rapists and Johnny takers.