View Single Post
Old 2006-12-13, 13:32   Link #2
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
It looks like we're returning to the way it was when Kanon first started - a mix of the girls, humor, and a touch of seriousness. We definately saw Ayu and Mai in the preview of the last episodes. Will there be others? Who's to say. It does, however, seem like Mai will be more in the spotlight than everybody else and with good reason. After going through something as surreal as magic foxes, I suppose Mai would be the next person on Yuuichi's list to investigate. After all, Amano did state that Monomi Hill is a place where the mysterious foxes and demons originate (in general, they're called "Youko").

I recall episode 5's prelude when Mai stated she was a demon slayer. Did you notice that Yuuichi was literally pushed to the side of the wall? Problem was we didn't see who pushed him. But he definately looked and felt pushed. Apparently, only Mai can see the Youko. I wonder why that is. I also wonder why she is the one fighting them all. Perhaps for the good of the school? Perhaps some kind of penance for something tragic that happened in the past? We'll find out.

Ayu is genki as usual. I look foward to seeing her too. But Mai... Mai demonstrates a level of fushigi (strangeness) that captivates me more than Makoto did (it's probably the sword heh). Enigmatic, concise, looks healthy for somebody who doesn't seem to sleep. I look foward to hearing all about Mai.