View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 13:55   Link #6
marvelB

I sort of considered Buggy myself at first, but as was already pointed out, he didn't have the ability to communicate with his lower half (unless he's now able to separate his mouth from his face now). Plus, this split guy has a tendency to add "-Bu" to his speech. CCC actually elaborates a bit on that over at AP:

Quote:
Something kind of noteworthy: "Bu" (武) is a kanji/term associated with Samurai (as in "bushido"). That's why this lower half character is peppering his speech with it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to see the visual of the person attached to the dragon

(Best part of the chapter so far (after the dragon and the man are seperated):
Usopp: So you were just a lower half from the start? Awfully big...
Luffy: That's a pretty personal question!").

Heh, I actually considered adding that to my earlier post. That Oda and his dirty jokes!

Anyways, another popular theory floating around is that Trafalgar Law is the Shichibukai (since he also has a splitting power), but as with Buggy I doubt that he can make split limbs talk. In all honesty I'm leaning towards the warlord being a completely new character at this point, who's probably the leader of those samurai. Besides, I think it would be really interesting if someone from Wano (which had no previous affiliation with the WG) approached the government for their own personal reasons (like maybe he was exiled from his country and joined the WG in order to get his revenge, etc.).....