View Single Post
Old 2011-10-01, 11:07   Link #7
Kunagisa

I think I should clarify something.

Loli is not the main selling point of this series. Not at all. Due to some cleverly set up plot point, a lot of the main cast in this story turn out to be very young (no it's not convenient that it "just happens" to be that way). I think since both stories deal with VRMMO and from the same author, readers like to draw parallel between the stories.

I guess the inside joke is that Kirito (the main in SAO) has a bishoujo harem, and Haruyuki has a loli harem (both are not true statements, but I'm sure many are convinced they are). I thought I'd mention that since RKB (the loli basketball anime) is somewhat successful ... but the story for AW is a bit deeper and slightly more complex than SAO (until SAO hits a much later arc), and SAO has fair bit amount of setting going for that series as well.

One of the strongest points for Kawahara is his attention to detail in his writing. Adaptation of either to anime is fairly easy (as in you really have to be brain dead to screw it up), you just need a good animation team to back up the battle scenes.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote