View Single Post
Old 2007-02-25, 13:52   Link #4
Katapan
俺様祭り

This manga surely deserves more attention. I think the author's notes sum up pretty well all the things that are so attractive:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setona Mizushiro
"Houkago Hokenshitsu" is a manga crammed full of elements that I like.

Cute things. Cruel things. Black and dark things. Things clear like crystal that sparkle all over. Earnestly erotic things. Things without a clear dividing line. Fluttering skirts. Long, slithering hair. Feathers. Keys. Moons. Happiness which can be traded for something else.
It is such a nice mix of crazy, rare and common themes, just like past works by Setona Mizushiro (I'm thinking of X-Day, which apparently got released in English by Tokyopop).
I think the idea which got me hooked was the fact that people in the dream appeared under their true appearance. I didn't expect to be so fond of the love triangle, although it gets more complicated than a mere triangle as the story goes on. Mashiro's confusion about his/her gender is just as interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runesque View Post
Trying to generate a discussion here... Assuming someone's read the second volume, who do you suppose is the knight's armor?
Spoiler for vol 2:
After checking vol. 2 again (it's been too long, since vol. 5 was released last Friday here):

Spoiler for vol 2 only: