View Single Post
Old 2012-02-06, 20:48   Link #27789
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toku View Post
And so, Yasuda wrote mysteries, and hoped that Battler would solve them, and maybe from him, she might be able to obtain forgiveness. However, this doesn't make sense unless she's writing these mysteries after the incident. Otherwise, she wouldn't be feeling guilty for anything. This coincides with the fact that all of the Forgeries, even the first two, were found and/or written after the incident... And it implies that the first two were written after it as well. Not only that... It strongly implies Ikuko=Yasuda.
Well, the interview also says that:

Quote:
While there was enough desperation to actually carry out the incident, there was also the wish for somebody to stop her.
This can mean that she planned the incident... but studied her plan in such a way Battler might have twarted it and stopped her.
If some of the tales were written pre incident they could be nothing more but her plans for the incident. She said she had more than one plan ready...
The apology can be for planning something like this in the first place.
When Beato and Battler escape she says she's guilty but Battler insists she's not guilty in that world.
I've always taken it as:
"Yasuda planned something bad but for some reasons her plan was twarted and she never directly killed someone, thought her actions caused other people to commit murder"

Quote:
Well, it does seem that she isn't the sole culprit, but I'm thinking she might still be a culprit now (mind you, this doesn't necessarily confirm beyond a shadow of doubt that she she did kill, but...). The question is how love led her to that point. And, if it's Battler specifically who she feels she must apologize to, why is that? I wonder, exactly what she did to him on that day. She didn't kill him, but...
Well, we know for sure that Yasuda bribed the adults so she started something that probably later she was unable to stop. Even through she didn't mean to she tossed a snowball and caused an avalanche. I'll say she had reasons to apologize.

Quote:
At the very least, this makes me think that she didn't plan on the accomplices actually dying. And, if in fact it is the accomplices that she sent the money to, and nobody else, then that means that Kyrie and/or Rudolf, and Kumasawa, and Nanjo are confirmed for accomplices (well, Kumasawa and Nanjo already pretty much were)... But, this is all just a bunch of assumptions since I have no proof that she only sent it to accomplices or that this even applies to Prime rather than just the game board. The money in Ange's future (which I believe is Prime), might have been sent for a different reason, and not necessarily to the accomplices...
If we trust Our Confession she wanted everyone to die, included the accomplices... through wanting someone to die and actually killing that person are pretty different things.

Quote:
...I know that you might not want to suspect anyone as a serial killer, but someone has to be a culprit, right?
I think people killed, yes. However I like to think they didn't do it like the Tea Party said. In short I don't like the idea of someone voting for a massacre but I can very easily accept that the set up Yasuda created might have caused the adults to react in a dangerous way.

Pretend she actually told to... let's say Krauss that she had turned on the bomb. Krauss grabs a gun and threaten to shot her if she doesn't tell him how to turn it off. Genji tries to protect Yasuda not believing she really turned on the bomb, they fight, there's a shot and George is hit accidentally. Eva joins the party sees George dead and Krauss with a gun, thinks the worst and kill him. And you can go on and on, merely working on people's paranoia.

Quote:
EP6 does seem to be "the story of BATTLER putting himself in Yasuda's shoes," huh. I get the feeling that, on the day of the incident, her goal probably was "to get him to remember the promise" mainly. Or, if not that, then "for George to find out the truth, and hopefully accept me as I am." At the very least, Erika is not a parallel for George, because we know that Yasuda did love George. In the end, he wasn't just a replacement for Battler.
Still she might have been afraid about George possibly mistreating her.
Though Erika might be a parallel for other things so I won't go on that way.

Quote:
Also, I think I see why it was so important for her that he remember the promise. Maybe for Yasuda, what she wants is for "the Battler of 1980" to come for her, and if he remembers the promise, then that means that he is the Battler she loves.
I guess she simply can't let go of him.

Quote:
On a related note, in EP4, I seem to remember that Battler found Maria's corpse in the Dining Hall, with no external wounds. How did she die? OD on sleeping pills or what? That's confusing.
It was implied she was poisoned. Battler found hints about it.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote