View Single Post
Old 2013-03-12, 16:19   Link #226
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by merakses View Post
If it was entirely possible, then why does our world still have such a high number of successful crimes?
You missed my point entirely. Which is that we are not suggesting we need victims in order to prosecute. We are suggesting we need crimes to prosecute. No crimes= no criminals. If you want to lock people up before they have done anything, you are by definition locking up innocent people.
Quote:
What constitutes 'proof that he is actually trying to commit a crime'?
Something that doesn't involve incriminating someone who hasn't done anything yet.
Quote:
Nobody has claimed that the world is divided between good and bad guys from birth. I have no clue where you got that idea from, but as it is, that last sentence is a useless truism which doesn't contribute to your argument at all.
You want to stop criminals before they did anything. This means you want to stop criminals when they were still innocent; i.e. when they are just the same as anyone else. This only makes sense if you believe they are destined to be criminals, which means they are criminals from birth.

Quote:
Also, you completely failed to address my argument about gun control laws and the like. Am I to understand that you are ceding my point?
Not sure what you mean. I only care that you think people should be locked up without having done anything.