View Single Post
Old 2013-07-07, 14:40   Link #463
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I watched the last episode to season one two times today in order to grasp what truly happened.

I'm honest to say that the battles were satisfying, though not of epic proportion. However, what was compelling was the countdown setting with drill making its way to the upper deck level, threatening the rest of the civilians onboard in Module 77 with the poison gas.
Furthermore, I truly enjoyed all the drama exchange between Shoko and Akira, as her memories made clear the kind of s*** that she went through that, ultimately, caused her to become recluse and then into a sort of agoraphobic hikkikomori.

The inner battle for Akira was struggling against herself either to remain recluse and just be an spectator, or forcing herself into the outside world to meet up with Shoko's invitation. Nothing better than a life-or-dead situation with a hulk of a drill causing mayhem and trapping your first friend from the outside to literally pressure to the limit and want to go outside.

Her becoming pilot to Valvrave unit 6 was already prepared setting, but in my opinion, I felt that all the tragic chain of events executed in this episode were fairly setup so as for her to actually becoming the Valvrave pilot, and that Valvrave suits her with the expertise weapon to hack into any system thus literally saving both Shoko along with Module 77.

Now, we move to the part with Cain, and he proved how and why L-Elf can't best him. Guys, yes, it's definitely given that L-Elf has or not a sort of personal grudge against Cain. I coment upon this, because since this show started L-Elf always upheld that stoic demeanor meaning business and seriousness; the calculating type that prioritizes all of his methods based on reading and anticipating the human mind and its effects.
Today, for the final episode I saw a L-Elf partially ruled by his emotions when he confronted Cain. The cold-minded L-Elf would surely have immediately devised different methods to deal against Cain from a vantage point.

Cain got the upper hand at first, but with Unit 6's unexpected intromission, then his plans to take Unit 1 went to smoke. Unfortunately, neither Haruto nor L-Elf could have predicted Cain playing out the non-Human "wild" card.

Spoiler: