Thread: Licensed Hourou Musuko
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-06, 08:21   Link #71
upiro

Although it took me forever to get past Volume 1, I raced through the rest of the chapters and I'm really enjoying the story. My favourite scene is when Yoshino has a dream where she thinks everyone's laughing at her before realising that they were all laughing at Shu instead and that his problems just might dwarf her own. Beautifully done and that whole chapter stayed in my mind for a long time.

I do wish the pace was just a bit faster though. The plot's picked up but it's still meandering around and I wonder what sort of resolution Takako Shimura has in mind. Will she show Yoshino and Shu as adults where their challenges will only get inevitably harder or will she reach some sort of touching resolution before then? Will they conform to the expectations of society or will they officially decide to become trans-sexuals?

Or will she take a different route? The last few chapters seem to hint at a path that lies between these 2 poles but then Shimura has so far really confounded my expectations which makes me all the more interested in following this subtle, nuanced story to the very end.
upiro is offline   Reply With Quote