Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-16, 19:27   Link #1914
stubby42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Well, I always find it funny when some people don't fit what the scientists see as norm.

There were many debates in France about that. Men who are [sexually] attracted by fat or older women exist (and there were some quite good looking guys among those who were shown. IIRC, It was in a "Ca se Discute" debate) Women who fell in love with quite poor guys (so they don't fit the "women only go after the men with big wallet" <<< in the case of these, the society itself plays a big role imo, much more than genetics. When i compare how it is said to be in some asian countries in comparison to France, I can see that.) etc.
Well the problem with the science of sexual attraction is that biology is competeing with enviromental factors, fat women used to be considered attractive because it was a sign of wealth, or another example would be polgyamy its arguable that the fact we see having more than one wife/husband as a bad thing is a social construct.

There have been many societies where polygamy was accetable (native american tribes come to mind) because some of them found they had more women than men, polygamy was a practical solution.

Of course theres alot of biological evidence to suggest that were not suited to polygamy but you get my point.

Quote:
I'm pretty immune to most human instincts (I'm completey eccentric)

Thing is, my wires are like this.

I don't notice looks much at all, but if a girl says she plays video games, or watches anime, I get attracted to her.

I know, I just don't see the fundamental perpous of looks, (I'm too logical in that area) Looks in my opinion just seem like a useless addon.
Are you autistic? if not then your probably not immune to most human instincts.

As for looks being useless? looks are bloody important from a biological stand point because their an indication of A fertility and B a good genetic match.

Lets just completely ignore plastic sugery for a moment because it kind of complicates what I'm getting at.

Large breasts are an indication that the woman in question probably produces quite alot of milk and wide hips suggest that they give birth to children fairly easily (something that would of been a big issue before the days of hospitals).

Having a healthy apperance also suggests that your not hiding any gentic disorders (its far from precise but but up until very recently its all we've had) that you will pass on to your child.

So yes, looks are very important.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote