View Single Post
Old 2011-10-24, 08:48   Link #41
stormtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Oh, okay, that made sense. But then, all our speculations and all the training the girls (both the core and the second unit) have to go through will come to naught if they can't play in official tournaments.

Speaking of which, is the 3-point line implemented in elementary school basketball From what I know, it's actually implemented, it's just that the kids can't or won't just pull off 3's. Trying to get an and-one is far more practical than throwing long bombs while praying it would connect. And that's assuming you're a good free-throw shooter.

Two things:

1. A 5-6 player dunking on something like a 10-ft board. Is it plausible?
2. With a three-point line implemented, Masami could become a beast from long-range if she works on her accuracy from downtown.
Like I posted earlier, there's a reason why the Chinese basketball teams in the 1990's are afraid of the Philippine number 8.
The 3-point line is definitely implemented. From elementary, to juniors, amateurs and pro basketball. But girls don't have as much guts to shoot the long bomb unlike guys. Well back on topic

That's why they need to practice, especially during shootaround. Masami continues to extend her range so I can only hope for the best. She doesn't need to be like a Reggie Miller or Ray Allen but she must make herself open most of the time. The team can practice off the pick jumpshots, layups, post moves and whatever offense the team can capitalize on. Focus on the offense since they don't have a lot of problem on defense.
stormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote