View Single Post
Old 2011-02-12, 15:03   Link #229
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Speaking of this... I've been paging through Force again, and I just so happened to stumble upon a quote from Fortis. Chapter 8, page 22 "We can move without the virus controlling our actions."

So... they know of a way to 'beat the virus' so to say and live without having to kill. Their current killing is therefore not the cause of the virus, but their own volition.
You're partially right. Remember, the "cure" they have is only a partial one. They still have to kill in order to live, but they can generally control when and who they kill. All that matters is they have bodies around when the time comes. What is happening to Touma currently is what they can protect against (he doesn't recognize anyone and is going into self-destruction mode, just how Fortis described earlier).

Chapter 8, page 17: "In order to maintain functional sanity and life, it is necessary that you continue killing. An EC-infected person cannot live without killing."

They have a partial cure, but as Fortis said, they'll turn into a lump of flesh as a result of their regeneration going out of control if they don't. "You may resist with the mindset that murder is a crime. However you'll get used to it. We did, too."

Edit: As far as the TSAB goes, I don't see why it would fail. It could technically work in real life, too.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote