View Single Post
Old 2011-03-03, 09:07   Link #68
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Lol, Dasdingus, you beat me to that rant. While I don't hate that archtype completely , the really bad ones truly suck... and not in the hentai way, unless it's a bad fanfiction. Usually the more tsun heavy ones tend to be very bad. And they frequently have annoying voices... The Rie Kugimiya screechy kind is frequently ear rape.*

*No not all of her characters, just that's the first thing that comes to mind. It's mostly just Louise.

Anyhow let me find something to rant about. Umm...

Panty shots!

Worst Offender: Stuff like Ikkitousen, or just watch any Gonzo anime, like FMP season 1.

Exceptions: Anything with this

Variants: Saki, because it doesn't seem like they even are wearing them. Also, any pervert camera angled shots follow the same concept.

What makes it popular: People like fanservice.

Reason that I hated it: It's almost always out of place most of the time. Usually I don't mind fanservice that expresses how sexy the characters are too much but panty shots always give me the vibe of a pervert and many cases pedo cameraperson because they always come from stupid angles. And in many cases, it's not even sexy. I don't really care about the color of their underwear. And by the way they draw boobs, I really don't care for their naughty bits.

Occasional jokes about it are funny. Blatant and extremely pointless ones that distract from the actual plot is very grating.

Tl;DR Gratuitous and it's not even exciting.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-03-03 at 09:27. Reason: added rant
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote