View Single Post
Old 2009-01-10, 10:10   Link #1206
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
I guess we are talking at cross-purposes. What I wanted to tell is that Ranka chooses Alto to be her "Mittelpunkt meiner Liebe". You are right that it is terrible for the risk to be unheared is being given and what happened to Ranka at the end. But even though this is also love. It may be foolish but hey I gave up at girls who were thinking like that.
It *still* is a terrible idea. Hell, I have been in her position as far as putting someone on a pedestal goes, and it turned out bad every single time. Put this together with then having a huge responsibility, millions of people depending on you, and itīs a recipe for disaster. And lo and behold, a disaster it turned out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
I said it's more difficult and it takes longer not that it is impossible. I know this from my personal experience because my girlfriend has a shy and reserved characteristics. It took me about five years to get her known and where we exchanged letters. Now she has these eyes where you can see that she expects me to do a proposal...
Contrary to real life, Macross Frontier is a written show. If the writers couldnīt get Ranka X Alto to work within the timespan they knew they had, then something went completely wrong.