View Single Post
Old 2010-09-05, 00:59   Link #4296
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Well not quite... the exact quantum mechanics for esper abilities have been figured out to a extent by scientists, as shown in various places in the novels and in the Railgun anime (in one of the episodes in the Level Upper arc) - though scientists haven't figured exactly out why some people can't go past being Level 0 when subjected to the same processes as Level 5 espers. The exact details of this science aren't mentioned in the novels though.

Compare this with Magic, where it's pretty much 'draw this rune to manipluate fire' or 'do X to get result Y', but they don't tell you why this is the case. Mostly magicians just chalk it down to 'I'm borrowing power from God/angel/some other supernatural source', knowing what works to channel these powers but normally leave the details out of it.

Just to be picky, Kakine's Dark Matter ability is that he can create materials not present in this world. In Vol15 Ch4, there IS one sentence that stated his power is of another world, but not that Kakine's Dark Matter are material from another world (at least not SPECIFICALLY STATED. I will have to grudingly admit it's not impossible for that to be the case instead).
For all intents and purposes, Kakine creates his 'Dark Matter' out of his AIM field, according to Vol15 Ch4; at least that's how I see it.
kakine's power is to create matter that is not "exists but hasnt been discovered" or "theoretically may exist' but "matter that undeniably cannot exist"

now my physics aint too hawt but i guess maybe somethin like a new element with the same atomic number as an already existing element (current physic laws say only one element can exist with one atomic number no?)

and lol reading chapter 8 part 1 and 2of vol 21. interesting, gabriel seems to attack by flying directly into the ground russian and AC troops a la little meteorite (the novel even describes her as a little meteorite XD)

and (cant really tell with my horrible chinese) Carissa, Grand master knight and maiden of versailles along with their army are all in russia? coz carissa just knocked gabriel out of the sky in russia from 3000 metres up oO and carissa and maiden of versaille suddenly appeared and are now tag teaming it. (their dialogue is quite funny, the girls calling each others barbarians)

apparently gabriel has some sort of "harden" skill, carissa and MoV were chopping its wings to pices but then it put its palms together and they couldnt chop it any more