View Single Post
Old 2007-10-31, 15:28   Link #123
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Good point. It's also interesting that Ryuken knows him as a shinigami and not just a medical colleague. That pretty much implies that their relationship goes back to the days before Isshin had lost his powers

I don't know if this has already been speculated, but maybe Isshin's friendship w/ Ryuken is the reason he left SS. At one time, the shinigami made it their business to exterminate the Quincy. Even though the war eventually ceased, they still remained enemies somewhat. Maybe Ryuken did something that put him at odds with SS and they decided he had to be dealt with. But Ryuken, obviously being a very powerful Quincy would need a powerful shinigami to take him down. Probably someone at least captain level. Maybe Isshin was the one sent to deal with Ryuken, but couldn't go through with it, whether it was the disgust of aiding in genocide or some other circumstance. If Soul Society found out Isshin had spared a Quincy or worse, he had befriended one they'd find him guilty of treason and Isshin would have to escape and go into exile.
Logically speaking Isshin had to go to med school and all that to become a doctor; add Ichigo's age then I think it is safe to say that Isshin has been in the human world for around 20yrs. Like you said, Ryuken probably met Isshin as a young Quincy, which explains how Ryuken knows about Isshin's power and how/when Isshin lost his power.

I think someone else said that Ryuken's sister could be Ichigo's mom, but that would mean Ishida is Ichigo's cousin O_o....that would be something wouldn't it?