View Single Post
Old 2004-04-05, 03:20   Link #2
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochelz
I just read the Manga and its somewhat different from the Anime. While comparing both of them, the Anime is much better. Its more clear and understandable then the Manga. And the transition is much better.
I do not share the same opinion. The manga in my opinion is way way better than the anime adaptation. In terms of plot, story, character development, it is miles ahead.

Quote:
Aion Character Is the Same
Azmaria Character Is the Same
Wrong. Aion's character has been totally polarised as absolute evil in the anime. His whole demon gang has been polarised as well. Manga Aion is not totally vicious nor evil in his plots. Nor did he go around perversely groping women. Neither were his demon cohort totally bloodthirsty dumb thugs spoiling for fights. Aion also has a closer relationship style with the Fiore & Joshua than the "I'm just going to use you" in the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =ochelz
Stella Character is also different. She befriends with Chrno when they first meet and doesnt seem to hate demons as much in the manga. While the anime, she still have doubts about him and really hate demons. Her backround story is also different. A hornless demon (which i dont know) destoryed her town in the Manga, while Aion destroyed her town in the Anime.
That which you quote are differences are the same. Satella hates demons because a hornless demon destroyed her home and slaughtered her family, kidnapping her sister. She searches for her sister. She mistook Chrno for the hornless demon at the start but have doubts about whether he is the culprit. All doubts are gone when she meets Aion, the other hornless demon.

The clear difference between anime Satella & manga Satella is that manga Satella does not behave wantonly and is not a fanservice centerpiece.

Quote:
In the Manga, Chrno changes forms too many time while taking Rosettes life. I think that doesnt make sense cause we all know how much Chrno never wants to change to protect Rosette.
He changes forms because if he doesn't Rosette would have died. He could not have shielded Rosette from the attacks then if he was just plain chibi-Chrno. He kept his transformations to a minimum as well. The time he transformed not for protecting Rosette, was when he was in a Berserker rage. Even then, Rosette's astral form managed to clam him down.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote