View Single Post
Old 2006-11-15, 16:23   Link #51
myopius

KFC does not, EragonJeriel.

Well, I also at first assumed that what Lelouch described was the result of his own observation, but there is one line, "This is thought to be damaged caused by the Geass invading the cerebrum." Indirect/nonspecific subject. Perhaps someone who watched this episode without subtitles could explain that nuance? I don't know Japanese, but for anyone who's too lazy to watch the episode (the line is at 15:53 on gg's sub), it sounds like, "Kore wa Geass ina daino ni kai niushta tameni shouji da ..." ...Er, wow, somehow it's said too quickly for me to even catch what's said, so I'll just, yeah, stop. Hmm, didn't think it was this hard to transcribe the phonetics of Japanese... anyway, it's at 15:53.

On a side note, I was just thinking random other thoughts about the episode...

First, while we are getting to know people like the purists Jeremiah and Viletta and the princesses Euphemia and Cornelia, as people, there's still the fact that they don't seem to object to the inhumane treatment of conquered citizens. Well, if I had to bet I would say that there's a chance Yuffie wants to work to alter that like Suzaku, but still, you have to think that if they're aware of it and accept it, that really affects who they are (even if they were raised to accept it). Actually, on the other side of the equation, has Lelouch really voiced any opinions about the human rights issues at stake in what he's doing? He acknowledged the empire is corrupt, but I can't recall any specific instances, although it may be that I'm just not thinking of them.

I was also just pondering Suzaku's introduction to the school. I'd kind of enjoyed the dynamic of Lelouch, his sister, and his friends in the school council (and Karen and Nanaly), and I hope that Suzaku's tendency for obtrusive chivalry won't override those situations. I'd like to see him as a character who only seriously interacts with Lelouch and doesn't become the center of attention of anyone else, for that reason (but I seriously doubt that will be the case). Also, I hope that it doesn't turn out that, aside from the one incident in episode 4 where Suzaku was under arrest, Suzaku-with-Lancelot will interrupt Lelouch absolutely every time he makes a move. I like how they've done that so far--of the 3 times either of them has taken action (the Shinjuku incident, Suzaku's rescue, and the purist conflict), only 1 have they both been involved. In other words, I'd like to see them both take action, but not just to cancel each other out so that nothing happens.

Of course we'll find out how Suzaku relates to everyone heavily in the next episode, so that's one reason I'm definitely anxious to see it. I'd like to hope they keep up the great work and not resort to any formulae since this is my favorite show of the season.