View Single Post
Old 2008-10-15, 16:33   Link #7715
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
It would still be under Britannia's control. The Knight of One is allowed to govern any territory he wishes. That is all. Japan would still be a Britannian territory, paying Britannian taxes and all that jazz. Ignoring what Schneziel's policy decisions would be for the moment, at the very best he could restore its old name and maybe give the people equal rights, though the latter I doubt he would have the authority even as Knight of One to accomplish. Knight of One isn't some cure-all that would make Japan independent again, even if Suzaku wanted to treat it as such.
Well your right it wouldn't be independent from Britannia but I still think he has free reign to improve it and clearance for a high level of autonomy. I think economically and militarily he'd have to answer to Shniezel and provide Britannia with the appropriate trite and defense but governing does entail making laws. Things such having their own military is out of the question but equality is possible. It could have been like China's special administrative zones i.e. Hong Kong and Macau. A person to oversee the country can make laws, that do not come from the mainland. "With listed exceptions, national laws applying in the mainland do not apply in a SAR. These listed exceptions must involve diplomacy, national defence or something beyond the scope of the SAR's autonomy." So being Knight of One can be considered a position where he can grant Japan independent self autonomous government. Even after Suzaku has died, unless Shniezel wants to look like a total prick and specifically punish or pick on Japan for doing nothing wrong by taking away the SAR, why would he do so?

This is where I got the SAR high autonomy idea from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special...ee_of_autonomy
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote