View Single Post
Old 2009-02-14, 07:55   Link #98
LONEWOLF13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
It's not like I am some Japanese dub, subtitled version purist. I am just giving my review, and I have watched some bad dubs through and still enjoyed them. Take NGE for example, a bad ADV dub, but still watchable and enjoyable in english. Dirty Pair Flash is probably the worst dubbed anime I've watched. The problem with the Claymore dub is that they take too many liberties with the lines and change the context of things, add an over explanation as if you are too dumb to understand, conflict with things that happen later on in the manga, after the War in the North. I am also not a purist in the sense that I think it has to be a direct translation. Most english dubs do change things to sound better and that is fine, but this dub takes more liberties than any other dub I have ever heard. That is what is making wonder if this is worse than the dirty pair dub. To put it into context, it is like the french translation to huckleberry finn adding things to the story that weren't there before, instead of translating the actual story.
Look i watched my fair shair worsed dubbing too you know and its not like putting a wine review to makes it better the anime was already losing it tastes since it wasint following the manga annymore (like Berserk for example)

Besides its not like they could do everything by the book you know and that is with most animes.