Thread: Licensed Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-30, 15:16   Link #282
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Myths are flexible enough that they really can't be considered canon or not. For example, the Tama was not part of the royal treasures until much later when it was added in.
Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, "canon" isn't exactly the word I'd use either. It's the "authenticity". As flexible as it may be, it's also one whole field of academic study. No single man is going to change how a myth goes, much less without a proper academic proof. This single man is the author of Sasami-san, and I was merely pointing out where he(she? I don't know) stops using existing established myths and add in his own touch of creativity.

Which is A-OK, by the way. I do this with my own long hiatus extremely chuuni fantasy novel which mixes Norse, Greek, and Egypt myth together and add in my own And I personally like a lot of excellent fantasy stories even if they're not following the myth to the letter.

Speaking of which that reminds me of my unfinished attempt at a VN/LN-ish story long ago where I put in a Ninigi masquerading as a bartender with the name Tsurugi Tomoaki (剣珠鏡).