View Single Post
Old 2013-10-10, 00:32   Link #32
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
So we get some more insight into Kud and her beleaguered homeland. It's no wonder she doesn't want to be here and back with the Little Busters. But she can't just run away from matters, and decides to reconcile with her mother once and for all.

Now if the episode just ended here, I would have said it would be pretty good, but once again Key undermines itself with events that are arguably stupid even for this show. She gets kidnapped by nameless generic rebels (terrorists) and they strip her naked (why? You bastards, and the camera angles really fucked with what was supposed to be sentimental) and suddenly we're all serious business with her life at stake but the power of friendship saves her. I unfortunately found myself laughing more than taking this seriously, especially when her house blew up. I think this attempt at drama was pretty bad honestly. But it's ok, she'll be safe because the episode's gonna be over soon.

On the good side, we at least get some decent expressions from the cast, and Rin fanservice, which i prefer over Kud fanservice for sure. And they're really a strong group of friends.

It seems better if Key stays away from world building and fantasy elements, because they are just so awful at it. There's already a nice story underneath this arc that really made Kud a more interesting character , and I would have liked it more if they just stuck with that.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews