View Single Post
Old 2009-04-24, 11:29   Link #63
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I have yet to find out what makes Mio stand out so much to some people, even in terms of basic moeness. Maybe I'll catch on later though.....unless it's just another one of those popular trends where a few people say a character is awesome and then everybody starts agreeing and it just snowballs from there until it's the expected reaction/opinion.
Well, she's got this surface shy girl vibe overlaying a submerged Tsundere vibe. (The tsurime is probably a visual signal of this, and combined with the Hime cut is probably a major part of her visual appeal).

So it combines that "oh she's so cute and helpless, I need to protect her" with "she's so strong willed and determined- she's cool".

Thus allowing the character to avoid both the main complaint about shy girls ("she's so wimpy- stand up for yourself girl") and the main complaint about Tsunderes ("she's such a b--ch").

However, we'll see if they can keep it up, as I figure keeping those two vibes in resonance will be difficult.

Behavioral dissonance might set in, probably resulting in complaints that Mio is out of character in some episode. I foresee heated debate on the subject.

Last edited by Sackett; 2009-04-24 at 11:42.