Thread: Licensed Innocent Venus
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-27, 00:24   Link #7
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Reading the synopsis and understanding after watching the episodes, the whole world experienced a cataclysm; natural or man-provoked?

Japan created a super economy to recover, however, it established a society of a top and elite ruling class and supressed poverty class.

Japan becomes and remains as the only superpower nation on the world.

Of course, there's Marxist dissidence leading to strife and chaos to overthrow the government.

The military developed cybernetic armors and mecha units called Heavy Warriors to squash the resistance.

We have been introduced to four characters of the cast who are now playing on the side that's been slaughtered and silenced by the government.

Saya (I originally heard her name as Sana). I like her design and child quirks, reflecting her innocence and loss due to the ongoing war. Her pink hair and blue eyes are the most prominent of her traits, and she looks an ideal moe IMO.

Hitoshi (I also heard his name as Jin called by Sana). Voiced by one of my preferred seiyuu, Takahiro Sakurai. Even among disadvantageous of places or despairing situations, manages to keep his cool and calculating frivolity to pull out tactical maneuvers.

Jo. The silent wolf type, and presuming he and Sana will be bonding as the story unfolds.

Gora. Peculiar mix of Loki and Pan, but his character looks distasteful and annoying to me with his nonsensical quirks. More of the crude humor, comic relief character.

It was about time for me to start investing my interest in sci-fi drama anime of this type. Most about Sana and Jo's views on the current apocalypse that are experiencing through between innocence and brutality.

Animation is versatile and stylized IMO, much in the same caliber to R.O.D. - The TV series and Fantastic Children.

I was able to catch a tune for the OP in the preview, and I'm anxiously waiting for it in the next episode.