View Single Post
Old 2010-09-26, 06:07   Link #75
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
Surely if he just activated Shinsou and turned around loads of time (or ran in a straight line until he felt a wall and then just swiped from side to side) he could either get Tousen or at least keep him at bay, especially seeing as he'd be able to feel touch through his blade and adapt to it (he is a genius, after all)
I don't know...I get the feeling that if one to were to run full speed towards a wall without knowing how far in front of them the wall is, it probably wouldn't end well. lol

Besides, even if he could make it towards a wall, he'd still have a problem. The width of his sword is just too short to make swinging recklessly in front (or all around him) a safe thing to do. To put what I'm stating into perspective a little bit, Gin would basically need nothing short of the ability to swing a tall and very long wall back and forth, really fast, without falter in order to ensure Tousen stays far away and can't simply jump or crouch under each swing. Otherwise, Tousen could just as easily use shunpo to take advantage of a missed attempt. Without the ability to see or hear, keeping him at bay would be pretty difficult to do since he'd lack the senses needed to adjust the height of each swing (in order to force Tousen into evading/blocking each time).

The last thing I wanted to point out is that Gin rarely uses shinsou to make extremely long, broad, side-sweeping swings (even when he can see). He seems to mostly take advantage of it's ability to expand and contract far distances really fast making Shinsou first and foremost used like a high powered gun -- hence the release command "shoot to kill". Now if I had to take a guess as to why that is, I'd have to assume it's because swinging around a blade while it's at such an impractical length just isn't very...practical. If the blade is too long, it's too slow to swing, too easy to see coming, and too easy for the opponent to make a counter-attack if & when evaded. So I'm not sure the tactic would be all that beneficial even with all of Gin's senses still in-tact.