View Single Post
Old 2011-01-02, 12:46   Link #20
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Heh, Kirino was more of a self serving bitch then even I remember her. I kind of feel sorry for anyone who probably thought this would be some comedy or romance, when it's really a drama. True title: "My little sister can't possibly be fucking everyone else's lives?! OH SHI-" Frankly, when I first read the material long ago, I thought it would be best adapted as a real life drama, not a anime drama; since the pretext makes it into some clever trolling to some extent, even ignoring the anime format. Not to mention the meta elements would bleed out too much as a anime. Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking back then, I must have been unconscious, it's like I forgot this was Japan we're talking about

I'd say 7 / Good. Assuming you knew what you were watching, the show handles it well. The points I detract from the show are personal preference. I hate watching fucked up people like Kirino; and I'm not even talking about her pedophile hobbies here. More so, I hate these characters who get their every spoiled wish granted, as well as having everything go their way at others expense. From start to finish just like in the source, Kirino's midas touch turns everything positive in the show (such as some relationships, hard work, etc) to shit. Lastly I hate the degrading subtext to the plot. If it's suppose to be funny, I'm most certainly not laughing. Ayase is a lesbian. Kanako is a dominatrix. (No surprise there, being Kurino's "BFF"s they probably sold half their souls and their loved ones happiness to Satan for fame, fortune, and talent.) Worst still if I'm reading the authors twisted mind games right (mind you the title is one too ) Kurinos love for little sisters, is actually "love for herself", since she's "the little sister". In other words she's actually in love with herself.

Ahem- Anyway, as much as I would like to call the show a troll, it's actually a well orchestrated drama, which draws it's audience in with caret and stick. Assuming one can find the bittersweet taste, it's enjoyable.