View Single Post
Old 2011-03-09, 20:48   Link #22290
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Yasu has plenty of the qualities of a murderer. Odds are he/she was thrown from a cliff by the person who was supposed to love him/her, can't have children, and even if given all of the money in the world-- wouldn't be able to find any happiness. There are very few reasons to remain a servant after finding a horde of gold. They point, generally, to a sense of purposelessness.
Anyone with any credentials in psychology wouldn't be able to convict Yasu with murderous intent. The girl goes to over-the-top ends of seeing the best in anyone, she's too timid to work up the courage to make a phone call, doesn't believe she has the power to change anything, and her fantasies are all about cheering her up instead of satisying revenge scenarios. Not to mention we're supposed to feel sympathy for her, and yet we're not given any good reason why she'd just decide to kill everyone. We're given plenty of reasons of why she'd kill herself, but nothing provides the "DERP DERP BLOW EVERYONE TO SMITHEREENS" switch.

Quote:
I think that denying Yasu created a large plot to kill, or denying that the Ushiromiya's are all basically would-be murderers, misses the point of Ep5 and Ep7.
I say painting Yasu as a murderer misses the point of her entire character, and her series-long trend of martyring herself as the bad guy for shit that is other peoples' fault. "COME ON, blame me! Blame me and you won't have to suspect your relatives!"

Quote:
The obvious theory if they are written after, is that she's that author chick, living together with Battler after both of them "died" and were "reborn". There's probably something in Ep 8 that contradicts this.
Well, reading EP8 would help.