View Single Post
Old 2010-07-23, 14:29   Link #2269
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
If no catalyst is used during the summoning, a servant will be drawn using the summoner's personality. It allowed Uuryu to summon Gilles de Rais, as both found incredible pleasure in murdering/torturing people in as many ways as possible. Kariya drew Lancelot, as he was willing to sacrifice everything (and sell his soul to the devil, metaphorically) in order to save the one person whom he cared about more than anyone, which was Sakura, without any regard of what it would do to him. Medusa and Sakura both wanted things to go back to the way they were when things were better, which is why Sakura drew forth Medusa.

All the other servants (save Fake Assassin) were drawn with a catalyst.

Saber was the scabbard, Emiya was the necklace which he carried with him his entire life, Lancer was the Fraggract (I don't care that its spelled wrong, you all know what I mean), Caster is unknown but makes mention that she and her original master never saw eye to eye, Heracles was a slab of one of the temples erected for him. In f/Z, Diarmuid was an unknown item, as its not revealed, but definitely not personality; Iskander is his cloak, Gilgamesh by the fossilized remains of the first snake skin that was shed (and that's where the rest of the Tosaka fortune went); Hassan-i Sabbah is not mentioned, but definitely not like Kirei.