View Single Post
Old 2008-06-23, 22:01   Link #237
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
There's not even theories concerning them in the show. Hell, they're apparently attacking Frontier on a somewhat regular basis, but we don't know anything about the nature of the attacks, what they're attacking, if the attacks are random, or seem to have some kind of aim.

Even knowing if the Vajra know anything about the Colony Fleet and it's inhabitants is significant in of itself. Yet, the best they could come up with was something about a "nest" being somewhere "nearby" (nearby being somewhere within a few lightyears and near the galactic core that's alot places) and there's even the chance of that not being a natural occurence, since Grace was privy to it's location. And whatever meaning Ranka has to them.
Thus one of the highlights is the attempt to discover just what kind of creatures are attacking Frontier. Its not like they are sitting idle and doing nothing. The SMS and the military are both very keen on finding out more about the Vajra. I don't suppose they should know about their enemies through thin air and without a creditable sample?

Quote:
Really, if they can come in and bitch slap Frontier any time they choose, get it over with, because I'm tired of Leon and whomever conspiring to exploit the Vajra somehow.
They did just that, but as their motives are still unknown.

Look, this is just like what the Zents were up to back in the original. If the Zents wanted to bitch-slap Earth silly, they would and eventually DID. Blowing Earth up into bits and leaving almost nothing alive on the ground. The Vajra have shown to be just as capable of doing such things. It swarmed the Galaxy, didn't it?

But while they didn't, I suspect an ulterior motive not yet discovered, it nonetheless allow Alto and co. to find out more about them, which is always good. Otherwise, we won't have a show.

Quote:
but I won't accept the general statement that "Macross has fleet battles and is alot different from Gundam" when Frontier so far has not.
Gundam is mostly about DEUS EX MACHINA ace pilots fighting each other, with an almost total lack of teamwork or support, you cannot deny this. While Macross on the other hand, tend to portray squadron battles with a meticulous coordination usually not found in Gundam. The scale of battle is usually not one sided,

The sole exception to this is MS08 team, which to this day, remains my favorite Gundam franchise out of the entire UC timeline.

- Tak