View Single Post
Old 2003-12-15, 18:49   Link #9
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
I own the HK DVDs of M7 and I found the sub is 80% useless since most of them make no sense even to someone like me who knows only a bit japanese. I know chinese and I found they basically did japanese -> chinese -> english translation and you know how bad the english sub can be. The picture quality is not good since they have to squeeze all the TV, OVA series and extras in 6 disks. And worst of all, the previews were cut due to the limitation of the space.

I love M7 and I don't really regret getting the HK DVDs since that's the only way I can watch it even with the crappy sub. However, I'm currently collecting all R2 M7 DVDs to replace the HK DVDs so I can watch M7 in HQ and with the proper preview and Op/Ed. I applaud AiA's effort to fansub M7 and hope they can complete the project and introduce this great anime to more fans.
Well, I'm pretty sure then that ASS uses a higher quality HK DVD for their project than the ones you own, because theirs have everything including the OP, ED and the previews (though they aren't subbed), and the picture quality isn't that bad at all.

But still, I like ASS for their Gundam releases which are better than M7 in terms of quality and they actually release them in a timely matter (though it's true that they are also rips of HK DVDs). For example they have almost completed Victory Gundam while MSG-AG is releasing theirs at a pace of 3 episodes per year which means the series will probably be finally be complete when I'm in my 40's.