View Single Post
Old 2012-09-21, 06:02   Link #12
Chandela
Straight Chillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
In a modern context, I think about the only "safe" setting might be college or the workplace - where both people are full adults.
I agree with this. It is definitely more realistic in a college setting.
In my old high school district a few teachers were fired from their jobs because they started to have relationships with some of the students. One of them actually got a student pregnant, which is straight up creepy in my opinion... seeing as how she was a minor...
Another teacher was known for always "flirting" with the female students so when he got fired for taking it a step further nobody was really surprised. Although this one was quite humorous because the students quickly dubbed him "Skeebo", for a reason that still confuses me today. I remember people running down the halls as fast as they could for the next two weeks yelling "SKEEEEEBOOO" at the top of their lungs.

So realistically I don't think that a Teacher x Student pairing could work in a high school setting. However as stated above it might actually work out if both people we adults in a college or workplace setting.

Anime however is completely different and many rules do not apply within it. I don't really mind it myself but I can't say that I am the biggest fan in the world. It depends on the characters really.

Last edited by Chandela; 2012-09-21 at 09:13.
Chandela is offline   Reply With Quote