View Single Post
Old 2010-05-02, 11:14   Link #209
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Might I remind everybody that Angel Beats is a mixed media project, in the sense that it is released in multiple media covering different parts of the whole story near-simultaneously. Thus, if you want in-depth knowledge regarding the characters and their motives (including how the SSS was formed and other background info), you need to be exposed to the other media, especially the prequel novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Uh yes I would. Especially when I had no clue what on earth was going and it seems she might have some answers. Also she rarely if ever acts in a somewhat aggressive manner. Nobody is trying to figure out where they are and who is in charge. Given that the teachers could remove Tenshi from Student Council President means that the teachers are a higher level of authority. This isn't even retrospective but just using some basic common sense. All these guys are doing is rebelling just to rebel. It's obvious that nobody there except for maybe the teachers and Tenshi have any clue what is going and what they're doing. It also seems nobody has gone up to her and just asked her how much she knows, she might not answer or even know but it gives off the impression that they haven't tried.
No. And they did. Read the prequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'm starting to think that there are things no such as NPCs

Either that or everyone is an NPC
There are NPCs (or, if you will, non-human characters). Read the prequel. In-universe, it's pretty easy to tell NPCs from humans once you figure out that this isn't the world that you've been living your life. For example, a new [human] student suddenly appears out of nowhere, and the NPCs act as if he/she had been there (and was part of the class) the whole time. They don't go to unnecessary places like the school roof or the principal's office (for the student NPCs), etc. They are programmed to have normal human-like emotions, yet they are only able to act within certain constraints, probably to help emulate the perfectly peaceful school atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Where do I read this novel ?
Check the novel thread right here in this subforum: Angel Beats! - Novel Translation Thread