View Single Post
Old 2010-06-05, 08:26   Link #4
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Narona started the World Cup 2010 thread half a year ago, back when the final draw was released. That seems like the most likely place to merge this latest thread, rather than the football thread, which focuses more on club and league tournaments.

I would have loved to buy myself a Three Lions T-shirt while in London, but I didn't see any. Ah well, most of them are probably made in China anyway — which means I'm likely find them cheaper here in Singapore.

That said, I profess no particular love for England (the team). They just happen to be a convenient team to support since 'most every red-blooded male (and female) here follows the English Premier League religiously. I do wish Asian teams are stronger; I cheered myself hoarse every game that South Korea played back in 2002. I doubt they'll perform as well this time. After watching the recent friendly between Japan and South Korea, I'd also say that Japan aren't likely to go far either. They lack a playmaker, and they are in the same group with Holland...

The bookies, not surprisingly, are backing Spain to win, while Brazil remain hot favourites. Argentina may turn out to be dark horses, and Portugal may also trot out unexpected results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
As for racism, what am I missing here? O.o
A lot, evidently. But the less said about the topic the better.

EDIT: OH SH*T. I just realised I've been dumb enough to agree to attend a wedding dinner on June 12, when England face United States (6.30pm GMT). Arrrgh. Will have to find some bar nearby to catch the game.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote