View Single Post
Old 2010-04-19, 23:15   Link #55
Ziziphus
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I don't see it as being terrified. More like...hmm...horrified, or displeased and distressed. In the manga, Roy burnt their legs. In the anime he killed them all. And you know how Ed feels about killing; he refuses to kill. Remember when he was pinned by Envy back and when Ling was made into Greed? Ed couldn't even bear to shoot that human face/soul that was part of Envy's body.

Ed still sees those one-eyed creatures as human--as having human souls. And as being victims of a horrible experiment. That's why they showed him looking all emo about fighting them, and about Roy killing them.

I thought it was a bit cheesy, and maybe overdone, but it's not really OOC or unnatural for Ed to react how he did.
Agreed about this. I think the reason Ed had troubles fighting the zombies is not that he's weak, but that he didn't really want to finish them off. He just felt shocked that Roy were able to dispose of them all without any hesitation. But yeah, it's a bit overdone and it made Ed look all emo (but then again we all know Bones like emo stuff). At least it's not the same kind of emo from the 1st series.

About the episode, great stuff! I love all the epic facial expressions of Roy and Envy. Just as expected from the director of ep 26! Hopefully, next episode will be as good, if not better!