View Single Post
Old 2011-06-05, 20:10   Link #27
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
"Likely" is a subjective term and one I never used.
Of course you didn't say "Likely". I Said "Likely". I said "Likely" because YOU brought up how "possible" it was without bringing up how "Likely" it was. When someone brings up the "possibility" of an event to happen without mentioning the low "probability" that it will happen, it's reasonable for another person to bring up "likelihood" into the conversation
Quote:
It's possible - how possible, who knows.
I do. "Pretty damn unlikely"
Quote:
It's very clear that she has unresolved feelings for Kou, whatever the end result is. It may just be friendship, even sympathy, or it could be that separation will be what makes her realize that she had what he wanted right in front of her all along. Just no way to know, yet.

We're really dealing with two distinct issues here, logistics and feelings. If the feelings are strong enough, I suspect Okada would find a way to make the logistics work. If Ohana never loved Kou romantically and has (or will) moved on in her life, the fact that he's in another city is largely irrelevant.
Hoping the author will provide a convenient plot device to allow Ohana and Ko to be together against all odds seems pretty unlikely considering the tone of this show.

And I think you're marginalizing the significance about Ko living in another city out of contact from Ohana. Ohana obviously is quite fond of Ko, and I really doubt it's platonic, even at this point. However it's FAR from a mature adult relationship. It might have grown into something, but I'm not seeing much possibility for it at this time. Nor, given the kind of relationship that Ohana and Ko have, do I really see it really lasting.