View Single Post
Old 2011-07-22, 13:35   Link #312
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
This is an apology for the double posting, but no one has commented about the current episodes.

So, this is part two of Canyon Land's mini-arc.

The twist that presents this episode is that the details of Kiriha's past were not fully revealed in episode 42.

By the way, this is another episode that adds to the list of most memorable and remarkable episodes in this show with the great story drama, the adrenaline action, and the superb animation design.

What I feel that makes this digimon show very balanced is the gravitas that Kiriha's anti-thesis of his character serves in contrasts to Taiki's personality. It makes for their respective world views of separate black and white making good combination without mixing.

As well it was another episode that paid homages to memorable instances of Digimon Adventure, Digimon 02, and Digimon Tamers.
Spoiler:

The previous Death Generals were the stereotypical tyrant characters, although Olegmon itself possessed redeeming qualities and understood its own perspective about friendship very well. Nevertheless, Gravimon became to me the most despicable, bastard, and least forgiveable to me of the Death Generals for what he did to Deckerdramon.

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Season 1:

I really think you are giving Kiriha's father way too much credit here. Could just as easily argue he was a father that sucked at communicating with his child and put undue suffering upon him because of it. Only at his deathbed did he perhaps realize the kind of road he was putting his son on. Going even further could say the message from his parents was just Kiriha's dream of a loving father rather than the one he actually ended up with.

He put too much pressure and stress on a young kid which caused Kiriha to reject him. When the eventual loss came he learned from his father how weakness is evil and that he can't truly trust anyone. After all if in his mind his own father would treat him like that could he expect anything better from the rest of the people in the world?

Certainly Kiriha being too dependant and easily giving up would be a serious problem for him in the future. But there were plenty of ways to build up Kiriha's confidence. He brought his business attitude home and hurt his kid in the process. His father might have had good intentions but Kiriha was only saved by Deckerdramon, his digimon, and his friends.