View Single Post
Old 2011-04-27, 01:01   Link #72
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
One point... many people keep calling Kirino the "focal" or "main" character.... is "Moby Dick" about a whale?...or about the people chasing him?

The focal character in this story is and has been Kyousuke - his perspective on the people around him and the people he meets. Just the title says "imouto" doesn't mean the story is primarily about her.
Moby Dick strikes me as a pretty good analogy here. The entire story wouldn't exist without Kirino, but that doesn't necessarily mean the story is about primarily developing her character. She could end up being this giant unchanging obstacle that forces all the other characters to change around her. As you said before, a "catalyst". Kyousuke is, as you say, the protagonist in this story, and he is the one who has already undergone the most change.

But anyway, I too didn't want this to derail into yet another "I hate Kirino because she's so insufferable" thread. I only think it's important to note that, even in her absence, her presence is certainly felt in all that goes on, and there's probably something we should take away from that. I do recognize though that, for some people, even bringing up the name is like tearing open an old wound, so if it's easier to just pretend that she's gone and forgotten, then so be it.

Let's all let this tangent drop, because there's plenty of Kuroneko and Sena goodness to discuss in this episode anyway.