Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-22, 12:17   Link #16708
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
You guys aren't the only ones grumbling - anyone invested in US (including fund managers, remisers and bank workers) are pretty annoyed at how the government is playing the chicken-duck game while Wall Street is getting ready to fry them.

IMO, wait it out till mid-October. Though I feel that Santa may not be so generous to traders/investors this year.

Play the same game of "bare-handed hot potato ping-pong". Buy-sell as fast as you can respond - maybe you have more energy than I do since I am so tired from work that I can't even respond at the position I want.
The problem comes when I (as an individual investor) don't have access to the kinds of information and micro-second transactions that the large institutions have. My favorite is "stocks close at 75 quatloos" and the next morning "stocks OPEN at 45 quatloos". Not open-at-75-and-drop-to-45 or it probably did but the drop took all of .01 seconds.

Mutual funds are supposed to be the solution for schmucks like me... but they just seem to be able to bleed more slowly. I should have kept my Canadian (1:.75) and Japanese (1:120) money piles and moved stocks to currency speculation during the Bush administration, meh.