View Single Post
Old 2004-05-23, 11:27   Link #87
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunctional
Havent read through the whole tread, so ppl don’t be mad with me if I repeat this. From the manga series, and I don’t know if i misinterpret this, but I think there’s someone else stronger than itachi (who you think is pretty strong).

uchiha itachi: To abduct naruto. Those were the orders given to us by the higher echelons of our organisation, "akatsuki".
Allow me to correct your misinterpretation--he said something along the lines of "nabbing Naruto is the utmost order given by our organization the [Akatsuki]." We are told by Jiraiya that Akatsuki is an "organization consisted of eight members (formerly nine) mostly S-ranked criminals," not an "organization consisted of eight members mostly S-ranked criminals following an higher order from some country or another organization."

Knowing so little, from all we know, Akatsuki is probably a fairly peer-based organization with one specific "leader" or two who calls the shots, but because the group is so tightly-knit, the members probably have a lot more weight on their inputs and opinions; thus orders and missions are more flexible. This is just my personal interpretation, of course.

Now, it was the entire organization's decision that securing the Kyuubi chakra source was important, but was the decision made with the assumption that someone like Jiraiya would've been invovled? No. It was simply "shark and weasel--you two infiltrate the Hidden Leaf, nab Naruto, and run back home. Sharky, you get to kill a few people if you want, but Itachi please bring back some green tea" or something like that. Had they known beforehand AND Itachi still retreated, then yes, he didn't do his job, but such is not the case. I'll put it this way: do you think any of the other members or the leader(s) of this group will blame Itachi and Kisame for retreating? Disappointed, probably. Extremely disappointed, perhaps. But if they are so badass, why not track down Jiraiya and beat him senseless? That is simply not a way "ninjas" should fight, and definitely not the best course of action for such a TINY criminal organization; losing a single member might be too much of a risk.

Oh, and just to humor your interpretation, people giving orders from above aren't necessarily "stronger." Since the Leaf's high council and feudal lords make the decisions, they must be stronger than Kakashi and Gai and everyone else? Or Gato is stronger than Zabuza? That is simply illogical.

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-05-23 at 11:35. Reason: rewording, restructuring
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote