View Single Post
Old 2009-05-03, 16:08   Link #1290
Nerroth
NePoi!

I don't see the game as a self-contained tale, but rather a part of a wider tapestry that other Nasuverse tales, be they already published (like Fate/Zero) or which may, one day, be released in the future, are each glimpses, or segments, of.

I guess it's the 'world-builder' habit I have when reading stories in settings I find compelling - I can't help but place the stories we see in the context of a wider world, a wider range of characters and possibilities, that may not have played a role in this or that particular story, but who may still be out there in the wider setting...

...and who, one day, may be able to play a role in taking things in a new and unforeseen direction.

How many people did you know when you were 17 that you are still close to now, and how many have you met in the years (and places) since who have played the kind of role in your life that you couldn't have predicted back in the day?

That kind of change has most definitely been the case for myself.

(To give an example, one of my two longer fics is set 2-3 years after the Good ending of UBW, and includes an OC protagonist who was on the far side of the world in February 2004 - and at that time had no clue as to what his author would eventually have in store for him...)

The endings for each particular timeline might give a certain take, or snapshot, on how things may or may not go, and one could assume that's a sign of how things will be from then on...

...but life doesn't work that way.

At all.

And nor need fictional timelines, either.