View Single Post
Old 2009-12-26, 16:42   Link #220
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Erm...what do you call this, then?
.... I'm speechless.... as I don't know how a terrible 80s commercial illustrates anything as they were ALL terrible, but here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orn_9v-v0tA

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Now, if Harmony Gold would stop being a bunch of immense asses by blocking everything Macross related outside of Japan, I think a lot of the bad blood would blow over pretty quickly.

I absolutely agree with this, but it became such a complex issue that I doubt it will ever be resolved which is certainly sad. But will it heal a lot of bad blood? In a word no. When you got fans like these:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It must be good to live in a dream world.
It's ignorance like this that just never goes away. People just love to ignore its huge influence and popularity/accepting that helped push anime in its current state, and despite the fact that it created the longest on-going anime mag (Protoculture Addicts) that I used to read like a madman. And they tend to forget that all three versions of the show are now and have been available in its "original" states.

But fans like that all they see is a few name changes and some stuff switched and automatically assume its been butchered to death without realizing the stuff that made all the shows so great were still intact, hell Next Generation (MOSEPEDA) wasn't even edited much at all nude scene between Scott Bernard... I'm sorry I mean.. "Stick Bernard" and Marlene... erm.. I mean "Aisha" still aired on TV in all its glory I have it recorded on my VHS tapes still, but it was removed in later boradcasts. But theres so much misconception that the mob mentality takes over and no one wants to figure out whats really "butchered" or why. And ANYONE and I mean ANYONE whom remembers the 80s vividly knows why ROBOTECH had to be created.

Its funny earlier this year when I visited Japan I was with some friends and we were looking at blurays and saw the Macross Frontier ones. And I asked my friends if they ever seen the ROBOTECH adpation, and not only have they seen it, they take it Macross as canon, and apparently thats what a lot of fans have done. According to them Protoculture their Midichlorians Since its such a complex concept that takes a lot of away from the show sometimes.

But ya... Harmony Gold and all involved are douchebags.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote