View Single Post
Old 2013-03-22, 18:39   Link #32056
jjblue1

Personally I would have liked Meta-Ange more if she had kept the characterization she had in Ep 4.
I mean at the end of Ep 4 she:
tried to keep her mind oper to other possibilities than the Eva culprit theory
acknowledged that if she had acted differently with Eva they could have had a better life
was willing to respect other people's beliefs
is willing to give up on the chance to stay forever with her brother
is willing to face the fact his family is dead.

In Ep 8 all this goes forgotten and she's all: Eva killed everyone and I want to stay here and I want the truth and everyone is mean because they don't give me what I want and I've not the patience to listen to your insane ranting big bro, who cares about what you believe, give me the truth and let me stay here.

Okay, so this is a slightly exaggerated version but you get the picture.
I would have preferred for her to quietly listen to Battler and then say: my bro has gotten insane if he believes that's what had happened but let's let him with his belief than to keep stomping foots and believing in Bern over his brother when Bern had turned her into an hamburger twice and enjoyed doing it not mentioning she had tried to marry her bro to Erika after trapping him in a logic error or how she had accused Natsuhi for the LOL of it.
Really the sort of person in which you want to believe.

I've been wondering about Bern and Lambda though.

Bern is the one who grant 'miracles' only when they've a chance of happening, tell her that basically there's no chance but lead her around in a dangerous/fatal way (she encouraged her to jump of a building).

Lambda promised her to let her stay forever with her brother, provided she'll help her fight against Bern and never allow Battler or Beato to win.

If you try to apply all of the above to the real world Bern represents a self destructing chase toward something that can't be reached.

Lambda represents the idea of continuing to be with a Battler within her (the real Ange won't be with Battler, just MetaAnge) provided she'll gave up on discovering the truth (solving Beato's mystery).
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote